Sackhead: The Definitive Retrospective of Friday the 13th Part 2 R.G. Henning Released: January 5th, 2023 My 13th book (I see a theme here...) for 2026 was R.G. Henning's "Sackhead: The Definitive Retrospective of Friday the 13th Part 2". This is a book I've looked forward to reading for quite some time. I picked it up a few years back, but due to moves, and storage, and lots of other factors, I haven't had the chance to fully explore it until now. Friday the 13th is often seen as a cheap 1980's slasher film series that capitalizes on blood, gore, and violence. If you take a deeper look into it, you'll find that there's much more to the series than most people know. Friday the 13th primarily focuses on killers seeking revenge for the death of loved ones. In the first Friday the 13th, we learn that a young boy named Jason has drowned, and that his mother has gone on a killing spree to avenge him. In Part 2, we learn that Jas...
Clue #12: The Haunted Gargoyle A.E. Parker Released: March 1st, 1996 My 25th book for 2025 was A.E. Parker's “Clue #12: The Haunted Gargoyle”. General Summary: Here's something I'll bet you didn't know, there were a series of books written back in the mid-1990's about the Parker Brother's game Clue. I grew up loving the Clue books. They were set up in a similar manner to Encyclopedia Brown. You would have an introduction where Mr. Boddy would introduce himself and welcome you to the mansion. With the exception of the first book, he would typically explain how he survived death in the previous book. He would then go on to introduce each of the 6 guests (including his maid). Usually this would segway into the first chapter by a loud crashing noise, or some other startling interruption. Readers are treated to 10-13 mysteries per book, and each chapter was a different story. At the end of each chapter, you were given ...
Star Trek: The Motion Picture Gene Roddenberry Released: December 1st, 1979 My 43rd book for 2025 was Gene Roddenberry's "Star Trek: The Motion Picture". I read some of the Star Trek novels way back in 2009. My roommate Ed got me into the TV series as he was a passionate fan. I found the books at the local Wonderbook, and became excited to see the adventures play out in literary form. I read books [movies] 2-4. The trilogy was epic, and I enjoyed it very much. I continue her to collect the novels over time, and have always said I had hoped to read the series at some point. That time is now. I don't have a vivid recollection of seeing The Motion Picture, but know it came some time in 2009/2010. It's arguably the most boring Star Trek film of them all (Yes, even Final Frontier has more action, flaws aside). This was more of an intellectual Star Trek. Roddenberry attempted to channel the more philos...
Comments
Post a Comment